Thursday, April 9, 2009

compusive behaviors

I'm usually a compusive eater, but now i'm a pack-a-day smoker. Neither one is a healthy habit, but i'd rather smoke b/c i don't want to add another pound to my over 300 pound body. I am also a compulsive spender. this is not good seeing as how my income is just enough for my bills. i always end up charging something on my card or ask my mom, dad, or grandma for money. Smoking and compulsive eating aren't cheap habits either. going to the store and spending $60-$100 each time and cigarettes are $4-$5 a pack. I'm trying overeaters anonymous and it's helped a little, b/c i don't eat as much as i used to, i just replace that behavior with smoking. So as you see i'm not really getting to the root of the problem. maybe one day i will.

2 comments:

Winifred said...

I've been reading a book called I Can Make You Thin by Paul McKenna. It also includes a CD to help fill your sub conscious mind with positive thoughts and willpower.

It's not a diet book, he doesn't believe in diets. It's about training your mind to stop over eating, control cravings and getting motivated to take exercise. You change your thoughts, attitudes and beliefs about yourself, your health and food. It's a holistic approach to looking at yourself not just food and your weight.

There's a review here by a dietician http://www.weightlossresources.co.uk/diet/reviews/i-can-make-you-thin.htm

Might be worth looking at. It didn't take long to read and I'm going to listen to the CD over the weekend.

Hope the doggy is OK.

Winifred said...

Haven't heard from you in ages. Just wondering how you are.