Monday, March 23, 2009

Lost continued

I feel lost because all the goals that i set in life seem so unreachable now. i need to overcome my ilnesses. it seems as if life is passing me by. all my friends have gone on to get there master's degrees and i still only have my bachelor's. by now i thought i would at least have my doctorate. i seem frozen. since i've come down with these illnesses i feel if i took a step foward i would fail. i probably feel this way because i lost my job because of my illnesses. that was a big blow to my ego. Me terminated from my job, i never could have imagined. i used to be a super overachiever now i feel as if i'm a super loser.

1 comment:

Winifred said...

It's very sad to hear you lost your job, especially because of illness.

However isn't it good that you got your degree? That's a great achievement as so many people don't. Don't measure yourself against your friends, everyone is different and moves at the pace that is suitable for them.

Sometimes we set goals that are very high for us. Maybe it's time to set some new goals but realistic ones and remember one step at a time.

Have you talked to your doctor about work? Perhaps they can help. Also is there anyone who can sit down with you to help you set these? I used to be a careers adviser for young people and often helped them overcome barriers. I assume there are adult guidance services that can support you. However your health has to come first, so look after yourself and remember YOU ARE NOT A LOSER!

Take care.