Sunday, November 8, 2009

Tea Time







I’m an admirer of many different cultures. British, Indian, Jamaican, Japanese, and African to name a few. I enjoy the aesthetics and especially the cuisine.

I’ve started the tradition of “taking tea” which is practiced in a broad variety of cultures. A lot of these cultures are different in many ways but they are connected by the tradition of tea.

I admit when it comes to tea I am an amateur however, I enjoy the complex tastes that accompany black, green, red, white and herbal teas.

Some of the brands that I have had apart from the very mild Lipton and Tetley teas that are easily acquired here in the southern U.S. are: Twinings, Bigelow, Teavana, Kalahari Red, and PG Tips. Some of my favorite flavors are jasmine, earl grey and chai.

Last year instead of using milk in some of my teas, I started using coffee whitener/creamer. I’ve found that it gives the tea a richer taste without watering it down.

No comments: